Archers Marquees Ltd, based in Somerset, is an established marquee and furniture hire provider in South West England. We are looking for an experienced rigger to join the team on a full-time basis.
Candidates should be practical, personable and work well within a team. They should be used to and good at manual labour, hard-working and be ready to use their initiative. Flexibility is also key in the demanding and unpredictable world of events.
Start date: Ideally End April/Mid May - negotiable
· Efficient and safe erection and take-down of marquees and furniture
· Safe loading and unloading of equipment to the correct areas on site and at base
· Ability and confidence to undertake tasks alone if required
· Appropriate use of and respectful towards all tools and equipment
· Careful consideration of the marquee as a whole and use of foresight throughout the job
· Ensuring the marquee and furniture are clean and tidy and that a final check is always carried out on site before leaving.
Essential Qualities, Experience & Qualifications:
· Experience as a rigger in a marquee company, ideally having worked with both clearspan and traditional marquees and the related furniture
· Ability to apply yourself safely and efficiently in the job that we know as practical and physical
· Understanding the need to work together as a team
· Excellent time keeping
· Respectful of team members and customers
· Attention to detail and a desire to take pride in the job
· Approachable, flexible and willing to make last-minute changes on site.